Area of Practice
Mark was accredited as a mediator by CEDR in 1998 and subsequently accredited by ADR Group also, He has an excellent track record in mediating disputes in a wide range of sectors across the UK.
Mark is an internationally recognised mediation expert. He has given dispute resolution training in the UK and abroad and has lectured on the topic extensively.
Areas of expertise: Banking; Construction/engineering; Shareholder/partnership/inheritance; General commercial/contractual; Boundary and right of way; Professional negligence; Landlord and Tenant.
Mark set up a mediation practice in 2005 and mediation has been his main business activity since then.
Before 2005, he worked at Eversheds (previously Alexander Tatham), joining as a trainee, and retiring as a Partner in 2005. In that time, his achievements included:
- Head of Commercial Litigation in Manchester
- National Head of Litigation
- Head of Eversheds North Construction and Engineering Team
Other legal memberships and positions
- Deputy Chairman of Association of Northern Mediators (ANM)
- Fellow of CIarb; past chairman of the NW branch
- Past President of Manchester Law Society